Prep time: 5mins, cooking time: 15mins, Total time: 20mins
- 1 large egg
- 100ml of whole milk
- 50ml of double cream
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 100g of mascarpone
- 2 smoked bacon rasher grilled, cooled and crumbed
- 4 slices of brioche bread
- 50g White Truffle Clarified Butter
- 40ml White Truffle Maple Syrup
- Make the custard in a shallow bowl by mixing the egg, milk, cream and cinnamon.
- In a bowl mix the mascarpone with half of the bacon crumbs, saving the rest for serving. Stir through 1 tbsp of white truffle maple syrup into the mascarpone.
- In a pan melt 25g of the white truffle clarified butter and dip two slices of brioche into the custard.
- Carefully put the soaked brioche slices into the hot buttered pan and pan fry both sides until golden brown. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other 2 pieces of brioche.
- Serve the French toast immediately when hot, finish with the bacon mascarpone, the rest of the bacon crumb and a generous drizzle of truffle Maple Syrup.