Yields 6 scallops.
Prep time: 10mins, cooking time: 45mins, Total time: 55mins
- Scallops (3 per person)
- White Truffle Clarified Butter for frying
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 65ml of dry white wine
- 65g of cold, unsalted butter
- 20g of White Clarified Truffle Butter
- Pinch of salt
- A drizzle of White Truffle Oil
- 2 tbsp caviar (optional)
- Prepare your beurre blanc by placing the shallots in a small saucepan and adding the wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce the liquid by about two thirds so you get a syrupy consistency. Strain the shallots from the wine and then add back into your small pan.
- Turn on the heat to a very low setting and whisk in the cold butter about 10g at a time to form an emulsion. Ensure that you put the truffle butter in last.
- Once the butter has incorporated, season with a pinch of salt. Keep warm and whisk to prevent splitting.
- Pan fry your scallops for 1-2mins each side in white truffle clarified butter and cook until golden brown. Add the samphire for 1 minute.
- Warm your beurre blanc and serve with the cooked scallops, just cooked samphire, a spoonful of caviar and a generous drizzle of white truffle oil.