A mouthwatering veggie dish, that will amaze you! An extraordinary combination of juicy, salty fried Graver cheese covered with our umami-packed white truffle maple syrup. Ready in only 10 minutes, this dish will definitely become your favourite appetizer!
Yields 2 Saganaki slices
Prep time: 5mins, Cooking time: 5mins, Total time: 10mins
Notes / tips
- Cheese slices should be around 10-12cm each side and at least 1.5cm thick. Otherwise the cheese will melt. You can also purchase Graviera ready sliced.
- 50g plain flour for dredging
- 110g Graviera cheese
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil (we use rapeseed)
- 30ml White Truffle Maple Syrup
- Dip a slice of the cheese in cold water, then in plain flour, shaking to remove excess and smoothing it with your fingers. Repeat one more time.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a small pan under medium heat. Once hot, place the cheese in the pan and fry for about 2 minutes than flip carefully with a spatula. Fry on the other side for about 2 minutes. The crust should be golden.
- Remove from pan, place on a plate, drizzle over lots of truffle maple syrup and serve immediately.
Fried cheese is a delicious meze that has it’s origins in Cretan cuisine, drizzle with white truffle maple syrup and you've got a decadent version that will have you wowed!