Prep time: 5mins, Cooking time: 25mins, Total time 30mins
Notes / tips
- Parmesan cheese can be replaced with Pecorino or Cornish Kern cheese
- Use a good ready-made vegetable stock - Waitrose is a good option
- 1 Jar TRUBEL White Truffle Butter, room temperature
- 300 g of Carnaroli risotto
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 4 large spoons of olive oil
- 25 cl of white wine
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 100 g of grated parmigiano
- 100 g of mascarpone
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil in a pan and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a shallow saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add 1 finely chopped onion and 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, then fry for about 5 mins until soft.
- Tip the risotto rice into the pan and cook for 1 min. Pour over a the wine and let it bubble to nothing so the alcohol evaporates.
- Keep the pan over a medium heat and pour in a quarter of the vegetable stock. Simmer the rice, stirring very often, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Add about the same amount of stock again and continue to simmer and stir - it should start to become creamy, plump and tender. By the time the final quarter of stock is added, the rice should be almost cooked.
- Continue stirring until the rice is cooked. If the rice is still undercooked, add a splash of water.
- Take the pan off the heat, add a 140g jar of TRUBEL White Truffle Butter, the Parmesan and Mascarpone cheeses.
- Stir until all ingredients are incorporated, finish with 3 large spoons of olive oil and season to taste.
Remember this: White truffle risotto with TRUBEL white truffle butter is epic. It’s heavenly.