Makes 2 mains or 4 starters
Prep time: 2mins, Cooking time: 8mins, Total time 10mins
Notes / tips
- Parmesan cheese can be replaced with Pecorino, Comte or Cornish Kern cheese
- If the truffle butter sauce isn't emulsifying add more pasta water and keep mixing
- Try our black truffle tagliatelle pasta recipe here.
- 50g TRUBEL White Truffle Butter, room temperature
- 220g fresh tagliatelle or any thin long pasta
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Salt to cook the pasta
- 1 cup of cooked pasta water
- Put a large saucepan of water on to boil.
- Add 1 tsp salt to the boiling water and bring back to boil.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet until they are 'al dente' (usually that’s 1 minute less than the pack suggests). Remove pasta and place in colander.
- Scoop and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a separate pot, melt 50g of TRUBEL White Truffle Butter then mix ½ cup of pasta water in and stir. If the sauce isn’t emulsifying enough or too sticky add more pasta water.
- Use a pasta scoop to add the cooked pasta to the butter and water mix, sprinkle with some grated Parmesan and cook over a gentle heat for a minute whilst stirring the pasta to coat it with the sauce.
- Divide the pasta among 2 warmed plates, sprinkle rest of Parmesan onto the pasta.
- Shave the truffle over the pasta and season with black pepper.
- Serve immediately. Buon appetito!
A cozy recipe for truffle and pasta lovers covered in a savoury truffle butter sauce and Parmesan. Try it on your next date-night in!