Yields 4 side dishes or 2 mains
Prep time: 10mins, cooking time: 60mins, Total time: 70mins
Notes / tips
- Use brown chicken stock and not regular chicken stock sold at supermarkets as the latter is too mild in flavour. Alternatively, you can make your own at home - we recommend the latter. Checkout Rosie Birkett's recipe for homemade chicken broth here.
For the Celeriac:
- 1 large celeriac (1.2kg), roots discarded, scrubbed clean (no need to trim or peel)
- 75ml olive oil
- Flaked sea salt
For the truffle emulsion:
- 75g Black Truffle Paste
- 500ml brown chicken stock
- 200ml double cream
- Handful hazelnuts, crushed
- 20 Green apple slices (matchstick thickness)
Celeriac: Heat the oven to 170C. With the tip of a small, sharp knife, pierce the celeriac all over about 20 times in total, cut into 4 pieces then lay it in a baking dish and rub generously with the oil and two teaspoons of flaked salt. Roast for about 1 hour, basting every 20 minutes, until the celeriac is soft all the way through and golden brown on the outside.
Truffle emulsion: bring the stock to a boil and reduce to half. Add the cream and simmer for 5mins until the sauce thickens. Add the truffle paste and continue to simmer for 1min stirring until well incorporated into the sauce.
Plate the celeriac, pour over the truffle emulsion, garnish with the hazelnut and apple sticks. Enjoy!