- Make sure that the tinfoil is securely wrapped around the cheese when it bakes, just in case it decides to start oozing out.
- Best enjoyed warm from the oven with toasted baguette slices.
Yields 2 as a main, 4 as a side
Prep time: 5mins, cooking time: 20mins, Total time: 25mins
- 250g / 1 wheel Camembert Cheese
- 100ml White Truffle Maple Syrup
- 10ml Chardonnay white wine
- 1 TBSP Chopped Shallots
- Baguette / sourdough / crackers to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Remove the cheese from its plastic packaging and then place back into the wooden packaging.
- Make a 2cm core in the middle of the Camembert wheel.
- Spoon in the chopped onions, drizzle 20ml of white truffle maple syrup and 10ml Chardonnay in; cover with the piece you just removed
- Place into a baking tray and bake for 15-20mins or until the cheese is melted and runny in the centre (the pack should have baking instructions).
- Remove the cheese from the oven, transfer to whatever dish you are serving the cheese on, then drizzle as much truffle maple syrup as you like over the warm cheese
- Eat immediately with good crackers, baguette or sourdough toast.
With fresh and floral notes this umami-packed truffle maple syrup compliments the trickling cheese and Chardonnay wine perfectly. It’s practically a party on the palate.