Yields 2 as a main
Prep time: 5mins, cooking time: 20mins, Total time: 25mins
Notes / tips
- Wrap the cheese wheel in kitchen foil before baking to avoid leaking
- 400g / 1 wheel Vacherin Mont D'or Cheese
- 100ml White Truffle Maple Syrup
- Baguette / sourdough / crackers to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200c
- Remove the cheese from its plastic packaging and then place back into the wooden packaging.
- Make a 2cm core in the middle of the cheese wheel. Add the shallots, drizzle 20ml of white truffle maple syrup, 10ml Chardonnay and and plug the hole with the piece of cheese just removed
- Wrap the cheese wheel in kitchen foil, place into a baking tray and bake for 20mins or until melted.
- Remove the cheese from the oven, transfer to whatever dish you are serving the cheese on, then drizzle the remainder of truffle maple syrup over the warm cheese
- Eat immediately with good crackers, baguette or sourdough toast.