Baking can sometimes feel like a faff, but these buttermilk doughnuts with creme fraiche and TRUBEL White Truffle Maple Syrup take only 20 time to make and you don’t need any special equipment.
Yields 15-18 doughnuts
Prep time: 5mins, cooking time: 15 minutes, total time: 20mins
- Eat warm. Buttermilk doughnuts don’t keep as fresh as yeasted doughnuts.
- You can also serve the Truffle Maple infused Crème Fraîche with a caviar topping on a pancake, crepe or even a blini.
For the Doughnuts:
- 1 egg
- 130ml buttermilk
- 200g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 20g unsalted butter
- 20g caster sugar (and more for dusting)
- Rapeseed oil for frying
For the Truffle Maple infused Crème Fraîche:
- 60ml White Truffle Maple Syrup
- 150g Crème Fraîche
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 170C.
- Whisk buttermilk and eggs together in a small bowl.
- Mix flour and salt together in another bowl. Rub in the butter.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and mix with a fork until combined; add sugar and bring it together.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and roll to 1-inch thick. Stamp out rounds with a 4cm cutter and drop into the oil.
- Cook (in batches if required) for 4 minutes or until nice and golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile whip the Crème Fraîche and thoroughly mix in the truffle maple syrup.
- Shake the cooked doughnuts in a tray of sugar, dip into the Truffle Maple Crème Fraîche, drizzle with more truffle maple (as needed) and eat whilst warm!