Fresh Truffle FAQs
- Exclusively sourced: directly from growers and hunters to ensure freshness, traceability and quality – never traders or third parties.
- 100% traceable: not only to country of origin but to the fields they’ve been picked.
- Working hand-in-hand: we work hand-in-hand with our trusted partner producers and their hunting-dogs from the early plantation stages; our team regularly visits the trufferies so we can guarantee the highest quality and 100% traceability.
- Pristine quality: we pay a premium for the finest 1% truffles in the field, with each and every truffle hand-selected to ensure pristine TRUBEL quality.
- Freshness: Shipped to you within 72 hours of being hunted and picked from the grounds – we do not sit on inventory of fresh truffle stock ever.
Rather than keep lots of stock, we source fresh once a week to maintain the freshness, exceptional flavour and aroma of the truffles.
White Truffle – Marche, Italy (November – January)
Black Truffle (European Season) – Teruel, Spain (December – April)
Black Truffle (Southern Hemisphere Season) – Maule, Chile (June – August)
Fresh truffle is best shaved (with a professional truffle slicer) or grated on a warm pasta, scrambled eggs, risotto, mashed potatoes, baked brie cheese.
Depends on your preference. As a guide, between 8-10 grams for a main dish and between 6-8 grams per side or starter.
Our fresh truffle are wrapped individually and packed in special food grade boxes to control temperature.
Exceptional flavour is at the heart of TRUBEL’s ethos. Summer truffles do not meet our rigorous criteria.
We recommend consuming the fresh truffle within 5 days of receiving your delivery, as long as they are: only handled with clean hands, wrapped individually in paper towel, placed in an airtight container, refrigerated, paper towel changed twice a day, container wiped clean every day, and truffle aired for 15mins a day.
As of August 25, 2020 all of our fresh truffle do not contain any allergens.
No. Our fresh truffles are 100% natural, there are absolutely no preservatives or artificial flavours in any of our fresh truffle.
Yes all our fresh truffle are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Delivery is free for fresh truffle orders.
Royal Mail next day guaranteed
When your order is shipped you will receive a link which will let you track your order progress.
Unfortunately you cannot amend your fresh truffle order once it has been placed.
We cannot accept returns or exchanges on fresh truffle orders.