Serves 4 as a main
Prep time: 5mins, cooking time: 55mins, Total time: 1hr
Notes / tips
- For a vegetarian version remove the pancetta
- Poke the crust with the tines of a fork across the bottom of the pie pan to avoid rising
- Make sure the truffle paste is well incorporated into the mixture before pouring on to the crust
- 100g Black Truffle Paste
- 3 eggs
- 50g Pancetta cut in 0.5cm cubes (optional)
- 200g mascarpone cheese, drained
- 60g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Sprig of rosemary, chopped
- 1 pack of shortcrust pastry ready rolled (320g)
- 200ml whole fat milk
- Vegetable oil for sautéing
- Salt for seasoning
- Ground pepper for seasoning
- Butter and flour to line the tart pan
- Roll out dough on a clean, lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle.
- Lightly flour a 10-12 by 1 1/2-inch tart pan with flour and then line it with the rolled out dough. Trim the edges and chill in fridge for 30mins.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Bake the crust for 10-12mins.
- Poke the crust with the tines of a fork across the bottom of the pie pan and let cool while you make the filling.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the pancetta for a minute, then add the mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are softened.
- In a bowl mix whisk the eggs. Whisk in the mascarpone, milk, truffle paste, grated parmesan, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked mushroom and pancetta along with the chopped rosemary to the egg mixture and continue to mix with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and bake for 40-45mins at 150°C
- Remove to a rack and let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad