Burrata (a fresh Italian cheese similar to mozzarella but with a creamy center) is a luscious addition to this updated Black Truffle and Olive tapenade recipe. An epic dish great for parties, brunches and even a starter.
Yields 1 Burrata
Prep time: 10mins, cooking time: 5mins, Total time: 20mins
Notes / tips
- The truffle tapenade and brown butter mixture should be consumed at room temperature. The recipe is good for 4-5 burratas; we recommend refrigerating the remaining mixture, warming up and using as a pasta sauce later. It's delish!
- 250g unsalted butter
- 150g / 1 piece burrata
- 100g Black Truffle Paste
- 150g pitted black olives
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 5g salt
- Pickled walnuts for garnish
- Brown butter (beurre noisette): melt 250g unsalted butter in a medium pan over a gentle heat, whisking continuously, until the solids turn golden brown and give off a nutty aroma. You will begin to notice small brown bits of milk solids to develop at the bottom of the pan. Take the pan off the heat immediately, strain the butter through a coffee filter and store in the fridge.
- Truffle tapenade: blend the pitted olives, truffle paste white wine vinegar, salt, and add the brown butter slowly in as you blend. The mixture should be completely pureed.
- Paste as much as you need of the truffle tapenade mix onto a serving plate, top with the burrata and garnish with the pickled walnuts.