Serves 2 as a main
For the Pasta:
- 500g Fresh Spaghetti
- 4 pieces Egg yolks
- White truffle oil to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 30g Parmesan
For the Parmesan Cream
- 250g Full fat milk
- 90g Finely grated aged parmesan
- 10ml Water
- Put a large saucepan of water on to boil (for the pasta)
- Add milk to another pot and bring to boil
- In a separate pot, mix the 10ml water with 90g of the grated parmesan, keeping a small handful back for sprinkling over and shaving later.
- Keep stirring until the parmesan is melted and add the boiled milk in. Continue stirring for a minute.
- Remove from heat and cover the pot to infuse.
- Add 1 tsp salt to the boiling water, add 500g fresh spaghetti and when the water comes back to the boil, cook at a constant simmer, covered, until al dente (or according to pack instructions). Don’t throw the pasta water away yet.
- When the pasta is ready, lift it from the water with a pasta fork or tongs and put it in the pan with the parmesan cream. Add extra pasta cooking water to keep it saucy (several tablespoons should do it). You don’t want it wet, just moist.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- When the pasta are cooked remove from the heat, and add as much white truffle oil as required.
- Use a long-pronged fork to twist the pasta on to the serving plate or bowl.
- Center the egg yolk on top of the pasta
- Serve immediately with a few shavings and a little sprinkling of the remaining cheese and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Drizzle as much white truffle oil, to taste