Prep time: 10mins, Cooking time: 20mins, Total time 30mins
Notes / tips
- The hotter the potato when you put it through the ricer, the fluffier the mash, so move fast once the potatoes have been drained.
- Checkout TRUBEL Truffle Buttered Mashed Potatoes recipe here.
- 75g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 100ml whole fat milk
- 30g TRUBEL Black Truffle Paste
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cook in a large pan of boiling salted water over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, put the butter and milk into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Drain the cooked potatoes in a colander and leave to steam dry for a couple of minutes, then tip back into the pan and mash well with a potato ricer.
- Pour over the flavoured cream and spoon in the black truffle paste.
- Mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper, stir again and serve warm.
These truffled mashed are a versatile alternative to roast potatoes for your Christmas dinner and have the added benefit of soaking up all the lovely truffle paste.