Makes 2 toasties
Prep time: 2mins, Cooking time: 3mins, Total time 5mins
Notes / tips
- Parmesan cheese can be replaced with Pecorino, Comte or Cornish Kern cheese
- Use good sourdough bread – it does make a difference
- Use good eggs – it does make a difference; make sure you do not 'overcook' the eggs
- 50g TRUBEL White Truffle Butter, room temperature
- 4 large 'good' eggs
- 1 tbsp crème fraiche
- 2 slices of good sourdough bread, toasted
- 15g grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Splash of balsamic vinegar (not aged)
- Melt the truffle butter in a medium non-stick pan over medium-low heat
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until egg white and yolk are well blended.
- Pour in the eggs immediately into the pan and use a silicone spatula to swirl in small circles around the pan, without stopping, until the eggs look slightly thickened and very small curds begin to form, about 30 seconds. Add some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Change from making circles to making long sweeps across the pan until you see larger, creamy curds; about 20 seconds.
- When the eggs are softly set and slightly runny in places, remove the pan from the heat and leave for a few seconds to finish cooking.
- Give a final stir and add crème fraîche then mix.
- Sprinkle a little black pepper, more grated Parmesan cheese, a splash of balsamic.
- Serve immediately with the toasted Sourdough.
Remember this: Parmesan cheese and TRUBEL white truffle butter in scrambled eggs is epic. It’s heavenly.
Check out the video here.