Shrove Tuesday, also known as Pancake Day, celebrated 41 days before Easter every year. In honour of our Canadian heritage, we are celebrating with this Pancakes, bacon, and truffle maple syrup infused crème fraiche recipe created by our talented friend Chef Guillaume Gillan.
Serves 4 (makes 10 pancakes)
Rest time: 1hr
Prep time: 10mins, Cooking time: 25mins, Total time: 1hr 35mins
Notes / tips
- Pass pancake mix through a fine sieve to get rid of pieces.
For the Pancakes (makes 10 pancakes):
- 250g sieved plain flour
- 3 whole eggs
- 1tbsp vegetable oil (we use rapeseed)
- 1 pinch salt
- 5g baking powder
- 300ml whole milk
- 30g room temperature butter
For the Bacon:
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon (or pancetta strips)
- 30ml TRUBEL White Truffle Maple Syrup
For the Crème fraîche:
- 40ml TRUBEL White Truffle Maple Syrup
- 100g Crème Fraîche
- Heat the grill to 180C.
- Arrange the bacon on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Cook for 20min, then turn off the grill but leave the tray inside to keep warm.
- Combine flour, baking powder, vegetable oil, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and milk into the mix.
- Cover the mix and allow to rest in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and melt 10g of butter.
- Spoon the batter in batches of 3 onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Whip the Crème fraîche and thoroughly mix in the truffle maple syrup.
- Serve with the bacon on the warm pancakes and drizzle the remaining truffle maple syrup all over.
A very easy and quick pancake recipe elevated by the addition of TRUBEL Truffle Maple Syrup.