Yields 25-30 tortellonis
Prep time: 1hr, Cooking time: 5mins, Total time: 1hr 25mins
*Plus overnight rest
Notes / tips
- When mixing the pasta ingredients the dough will form sticky looking crumbs. This is normal, continue to knead until a firm dough forms.
- When flattening the dough, cover the rest of the dough with a clean, damp cloth to prevent it drying.
- Preferable to use a pasta machine for this recipe. If you don’t have a machine, use a heavy rolling pin to roll the dough as thinly as possible.
- When rolling out the pasta work quickly so it doesn’t dry out. If it gets too wide, trim the edges off.
For the Pasta dough:
400g plain flour
100g fine semolina (durum wheat)
10 egg yolks
25g olive oil
11g table salt
For the duck breast:
300g ash goat cheese
70ml white truffle maple syrup (and more to drizzle)
10g good balsamic vinegar
2 pinches salt
- For the pasta, place all the ingredients in a food processor and crack in the eggs. Pulse until mixture forms sticky-looking crumbs.
- Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and bring together to form a firm dough.
- Knead for 5 mins or until the dough feels smooth, wrap in cling film and chill overnight.
- For the filling (just before you cook the pasta), crumble the goat’s cheese into a large bowl and mix in he rest of the ingredients. Using an electric hand whisk, cream it all together.
- Cut the pasta into quarters and put one quarter onto a lightly floured surface. Shape the dough into a rectangle then roll out using a pasta machine to make a 2-3mm thick sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough to give you 4 long strips.
- Using a squared cutter stamp out 8-10cm squares from each pasta strip. Discard the trimmings.
- Spoon 25g of filling in the centre of a square and brush the edges with a little water. Fold the square into a triangle then roll up the triangle and join the angles creating the shape of the tortellini.
- To serve, bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add half the tortelloni and cook for 2 minutes, until they rise to the surface. Drain with a slotted spoon and divide between warmed plates. Cook the rest.
- Drizzle some truffle maple over each plate and enjoy!