Yields 1 loaf
Prep time: 4.5hrs, Cooking time: 30mins, Total time: 5hrs
Notes / Tips
- You can use wet hands in step 4 if you do not have an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment
- 235g water
- 315g white bread flour
- 10g honey
- 10g fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon of table salt
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 11/2 tablespoon of Black Truffle Paste
- Finely chop the garlic and rosemary and gently warm in the oil for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the yeast, table salt and honey into the water.
- In an electric mixer with the dough hook attachment place all the flour and water, honey, yeast and table salt mix.
- Start mixing slowly at first and gradually increase the speed as the dough starts to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of truffle paste.
- Continue mixing until the dough forms into a ball on the hook and the sides of your mixing bowl are clean of mix.
- With wet hands remove the dough from the mixer and place into an oiled or buttered round baking tray. Poking dips into your focaccia dough as you spread it out slightly.
- Using a pastry brush, brush your garlic and rosemary oil mix over the top of your dough letting it pool in the dips you poked earlier. Sprinkle on the sea salt.
- Let the dough rest for 3-4 hours in a warm place to rise and double in size.
- Meantime, preheat oven at 200c. Bake the Focaccia for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and as your focaccia is cooling using a pastry brush, brush the rest of the truffle paste on top. Serve.