If there is one thing you can count on with the French when it comes to cooking, it’s their knack for taking things up a notch. In the grand pursuit of edible bliss, we have created an aged Comte cheese toast sandwich recipe with loads of black truffle paste for you to enjoy at home. It literally takes 25 minutes and it's epic!
Makes 2 toast sandwiches
Prep time: 5mins, Cook time: 20mins; Total time: 25mins
- 1 jar TRUBEL Black Truffle Paste
- 4 slices of good sourdough bread
- 200g aged Comte Cheese, sliced
- 30g unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan).
- Top two pieces of toast with slices of Comte cheese and cover with black truffle paste.
- Add slices of Comte cheese over the black truffle paste and top with another slice of toast.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Place sandwiches in the skillet, and cook for 2 minutes, pressing down lightly with an egg flip or spatula, until a deep golden brown.
- Turn and cook the other side until golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Bake 15 minutes, then switch to the grill/broiler for 3 minutes and grill until the top is golden.
- Immediately transfer to warmed serving plates, and enjoy.
Remember this: Parmesan cheese and TRUBEL Black Truffle Paste is a pairing made in heaven!