Greeklish Foodie's colourful recipe for baked Romanesco is simply delicious and an amazing side for your favourite steak or roast. It's vibrant green colour makes it ideal for your festive table - TRUBEL's White Truffle Maple Syrup and Parmesan add an epic twist. Best bit is it only takes 25mins and it's vegan & vegetarian friendly, and gluten-free.
2 as a side dish
Prep time: 5mins; Cook time: 20mins; Total time: 25mins
- If you use bigger Romanescos you will need to adjust the baking time
- We prefer to blanch the Romanesco for 10minutes to bake faster and the Romanesco keeps its colour.
- 2 baby Romanescos
- 1-2tbsp of good extra virgin olive oil
- 30g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- A handful of almond flakes
- 3-4tbsp of White Truffle Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 220C (fan). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the Romanesco in simmering water for 10 minutes
- Place Romanesco on the parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil, almonds, salt and pepper. Mix everything around with a spatula.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, or until your Romanesco is tender enough to pierce with a fork
- Serve with the truffle Maple Syrup and grated Parmesan
TRUBEL's White Truffle Maple Syrup and Parmesan add an epic twist to this simple dish. Best bit is it's vegan & vegetarian friendly, and gluten-free.